15% of San Diegans face “food insecurity,” which means that little or no food is available at home. Of this percentage, 138,000 are children. The Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Food Bank is working to combat hunger in San Diego by serving 370,000 San Diegans each month. Yet, it needs our help to do so.
Donate today to Aztecs Rock Hunger! For every $1 donated, the food bank can purchase 6 lbs. of food for hungry San Diegans, including fresh produce, a welcomed, healthy alternative.
Our goal this year is to collect 500,000 pounds of food and with your help, SDSU can do it!
There are FIVE easy ways to donate, including:
- Make a Monetary Donation- ff-
- Make a financial contribution at any SDSU Dining and Bookstore registers
- Donate at Aztec Proud events on campus
- Place non-perishable food in the red bins throughout campus
- Make a donation at home football, soccer and volleyball games
SNO has done a great job of donating the most food in the past, help us leave our legacy again!